Monday, January 12, 2009

20 Week Update

Well, there's definitely 2 healthy & active boogars in there. It was so exciting to watch them move around so much, kicking and changing positions. They kept the ultrasound tech and DR on their toes trying to figure out who was who. 1 baby weighs approximately 11 oz. while the other weighs about 12oz. (Already over a pound of babies in there!!!) and both babies have all their fingers and toes, all major organs are developing well, and their growth is right on track. We couldn't be prouder parents. :)

Here are the profile pics from their scan...


Mommy Update: Everything is going well here. Cervix is well intact at > 4cm (in length...will be awhile before we're talking dilation). I am feeling more movements but mostly on my Left side. We found out with the ultrasound that the babies' placentas are in the front of my uterus which means movement will be harder to feel until they are a little bigger/stronger with those punches & kicks. Back pain isnt getting any better. I've ordered a maternity bathing suit so I can start swimming for exercise and take some pressure of my back. Doc said not to expect this to get any better. But thats OK as long as our babies are doing just fine. Oh, and I'm finally putting on some weight (I was actually worried I wasnt gaining enough). So far, we're up 10 lbs (all in the belly). And no stretch marks to report at this time.

Daddy Update: Chris was right there with me at the ultrasound and DR appointment. We went to the Schlotsky's again for lunch where we talked about the cool miracles we just witnessed. Chris injured his knee just before the 1/2 Marathon, so we've been trying to get him rested well enough to get back into training. Less than 3 months to go before the BIG race!

4 comments:

Memere said...

Well, I wish my babies would turn and face the camera so Memere could know what they are so Memere could start shopping for them

Anonymous said...

So good to hear things are going well, Jen. Lunch soon!

Mia Makenzie said...

Look at those profile ultrasounds...just precious and just a WONDERFUL MIRACLE! Can't wait to meet these sweet babies!
Glad all is well~

Laura Thomas Hall said...

Jennifer,
Congratulations on your babies! Rebecca told me about your twins and I am so happy for you. They are darling on the ultrasound.
Laura