Thursday, January 8, 2009

And the Kicking Begins!

Well, I'm sure they have been kicking for some time now, or at least thats what the books all say, but I can say for sure now that I am feeling the kicks/punches of my little ones. I felt the very first weird flutters on New Years Day (that'll be easy to remember) but now I am feeling the slightest little thumps, like someone is gently flicking your nose to tickle it. It makes me smile and is a very reassuring feeling. I'm sure there will always be a worry or wonder about how they are doing, even after they are born and grown. But for now, to feel and hear (with the Doppler) their presence gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling.

My goal for the upcoming weeks and for the remainder of the pregnancy is to start interacting with their world. We have 2 books we will start reading to them so they will become familiar with our voices and consistent sounds. I also cant wait to poke them and have them respond back. (Is that mean?). Our little miracles are already loved so much. We continue to pray that they will keep growing (and Mommy doesnt care if you kick a little harder).

No comments: