Friday, December 19, 2008

16-17 Week Update

DR Update: Doc says everything looks great! Did the usual provide a urine sample, asked our questions and got to listen to BOTH heartbeats! Dr. Wingo was very talkative today. He gave us some great insight into thinking about pediatricians (though we dont need one quite yet), whats to come with the next couple appointments, etc. Overall, our DR visit was quite exciting! Oh, and we've started a tradition of having lunch together at Schlotsky's Deli after each appt. Been there 3 times already. Mmmmmmm.

Mother/Baby Update: My uterus is measuring what a singleton mother's would be at 22weeks (tip of uterus is above my belly button) and I'm 16weeks 4days today. Doc said thats right on schedule. Baby A's (one on the bottom)hearbeat was in the 150s, and Baby B's (one on top) heartbeat was in the 140s. I got a prescription for a Prenatal Cradle today, which I'll pick up tomorrow. This is a quite unattractive contraption used to help support the weight of my growing belly and give me some back support during the day, since I'm already having routine back pain. I've read about these and heard they're great! I had my 1st Charlie Horse calf cramp a couple nights ago and my leg is still sore. I got some great tips on how to prevent this in the future (stretching and Gatorade before bed, eat more oranges, kiwi, and bananas).

Daddy Update: Chris is doing well with his 1/2 marathon training. We're heading to Chicago for Christmas next week and he plans to do alot of running there, even though its going to be 10-20 degrees!! Thats dedication! Work is going well also. We just had all the Christmas parties this week, which were a blast. One at his office and the other at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel with great food and a fabulous band! Daddy was very excited to hear both babies' heartbeats today!

3 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

I am so glad you started a blog! I pray that you and your sweet babies continue to do well! I loved your Christmas card. What a great idea! Oh, yes, the belly cradle. I didn't get to use that but about 3 weeks since the girls came so early, but it was great!!!! Your belly picture is great too! You all have a Merry Christmas...your last "relaxing" one! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris & Jen, so excited for you! Thanks for the blog; I'll keep checking it. Have a Merry Christmas and I know it'll be a Happy 2009! Much love,

rachel nicole said...

Just checking this. Such a great idea to 'blog' it all :) I will try to keep up. Love you guys!