Friday, December 12, 2008

The Body Pillow = New Friend

So, I've been in denial about already having back pain. How can I only be 15 weeks and be walking around at night like an ole lady??? Well, reality has set in. I know it will get worse, so I'm trying to combat it now. So, off I go to Target - and they must have really wanted me to have one - because it was 25% off and came with a soft plush dark brown cover that matches my bedding.

Thank goodness we have a King-size bed because with me, my new body pillow and the pillow that goes under my back, Chris's side of the bed has now been reduced to a twin (no pun intended). He calls it "Your Bubble" because I am completely shut off from him now. :(

So the first night in my "Bubble" was quite interesting. See, eventually you have to change positions to the other side. So, how do you flip over with a body pillow and another pillow while under your sheets and blankets for the winter? You dont. Maybe thats what the babies will feel like later on in the pregnancy. I sure do sympathize with them now! With all that, however, I did wake up a little less stiff, so my New Friend is here to stay for awhile!

2 comments:

Wanda M said...

I used one with only one baby and you're right - they are you new best friend. My husband called mine my "new lover" ;-) Get Chris to take a belly picture and post it - I bet you're adorable !

Take care & God bless.
WandaM;)

Mia Makenzie said...

Hey Jennifer!
I am so glad all is going well...and hopefully your new "friend" will help you catch a few more zzz's...I know when I was preggers Bill said he had absolutely NO room either...We are so happy for you guys! If there is anything we can do for you...please let me know! :)
Hope to see you at the Christmas Party on Thursday!