Friday, December 19, 2008

What Makes a Great Daddy?

I think Chris should eventually write a book on this topic. He says to the babies just about every time he talks to them (which is quite often)that "I'm gonna be the best Daddy ever." Well, so far during this special pregnancy, he's living up to his commitment to our children by being so wonderful to me. I think having/caring for a child makes you a Daddy, which is essentially a special kind of husband. Here's just a few of the wonderful things he has done...

*Talks to the babies at least once a day. (I know they'll know his voice well)
*Listens to me with interest & sympathy with each new bodily change or ailment.
*Planning our future in so many ways so that I am not burdened with additional stress.
*Excited about coming to every DR appt and asks his own questions.
*Will get just about anything I ask for, so I dont have to get up.
*In the middle of the night, talked me through my 1st "Charlie Horse" ever.
*Doesn't steal my body pillow (even though I know he wants to)
*He makes me feel beautiful all the time.

I count my blessings all the time, but Chris is by far my greatest blessing. I dont think I could mentally grasp everything going on inside me or whats lies in the future without his support, humor, and most of all, his love. I'm quite certain that my Chris will be among the Greatest Daddies in the World.

2 comments:

Abigail and Ansley said...

The second to last item made me laugh. As soon as the girls were born, Eric took ownership of the body pillow...and is still using it! :)

Memere said...

This one made me cry to know that MY son will be the GREATEST DAD. Christopher is also a great Christian friend to anyone that knows him.