Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Christmas in Chicago

We got to spend a whole week in downtown Chicago for our Christmas vacation! It was -2 degrees when we arrived and had warmed to 20 by the time we left. We saw snow, rain, lots of wind, and ice but it didnt slow us down! Grandma Wilson was there which made it extra special, and we had a fabulous time visiting Aunt Ang, Uncle Fred, Andy, Max, and several of their close family friends. We went to the movie theatre twice! (Saw Marley & Me and Four Christmases) and walked down Michigan Avenue to do some last minute Christmas shopping. We relaxed at home and watched movies and lots of football bowl games, played cards and dice, and had tons of Mom's wonderful home-cookin'. Christmas is my favorite time of year and this trip definitely was one to remember!

Of course it would happen that 2 days into our trip and while pregnant I would catch my 1st stomach bug. It was AWFUL! But luckily I had my Mommy and Chris right there to take care of me. My OB was notified and I was within 1 hour of having to go to the ER to get fluids, but luckily everything started to stay down. I lost 3+ of the pounds I had worked so hard to put on, but my appetite came back full force after a couple days.

Our home doppler also arrived while in Chicago. We're able to listen to the babies' heartbeats with it. It was a relief to hear their strong heartbeats after me being so sick, but apparently the stomach bug didnt affect them at all! We let everyone listen on Christmas morning after all the presents were open. We figured we'd save the best present for last. :)

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for a wonderful time in Chicago!

1 comment:

Mrs. Willis said...

Glad to hear you had a great time in Chicago and that you got over your stomach bug. That is awesome that you got a doppler to hear your little angels.