Friday, February 27, 2009

26 Week Update



Baby Update: The babies have been very active this week. I can see their movements across my belly and can feel Twin A's hiccups daily. Sometimes my belly gets a big hump or 2 on one side or the other and its so cool to watch and feel. Heartrates were still in the 140s to 150s, which is great and Docs are pleased with their level of activity.

Mommy Update: I'm starting to feel better. I've been on bedrest almost 4 weeks now. I've noticed a decrease in my lower back pain which I'm sure is from taking all that pressure off my pelvis. I get short of breath easily. I think its a combination of not doing much activity and I'm definitely running out of room in my lower chest. I cant eat much food at a time without feeling its in my throat and Twin B likes to hang out or kick just under my rib cage! We've had a few days here and there of warmer weather so I've taken advantage of it and opened the windows in the house or gone and sat on the porch to soak up some rays.

The DRs were please with my gestational diabetes management. I have managed to keep my BS in normal range since my diagnosis. Today(Friday) I will get a betamethasone (steroid) shot to help the babies' lung development should they be born early. I will get the 2nd shot tomorrow at home. A common side effect is elevated BS though, so I will be giving myself insulin for the next 3-4 days to keep it under control.

Daddy Update: Training continues and it looks like Chris's knee is getting stronger. We're hopeful that he'll get to do the Oschner 1/2 Ironman in April but we know its so close to when the babies could decide they want to come. If this race in April doesnt work out, there's another 1/2 Ironman here in TN in September and then the whole family could come! Chris bought me a wheelchair this week off Craigslist. It helps us out a ton when we want to get out of the house and gives me the opportunity to have more freedom out of the house. Great idea, Daddy!

No comments: