Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our 1st Baby Shower!!

Yesterday was our first baby shower! It was hosted by our wonderful sister-in-law Brittney Schiro and her mother down in Baton Rouge. Several of Chris's family and friends attended and showered us with fabulous gifts for our 2 miracles. After I got good news from the Docs on Friday, Chris drove down after work all the way to Baton Rouge and came back Sunday evening with gifts in tow (I couldnt go b/c I'm still on bedrest and its over 8hrs away). I had such a wonderful time reading through all the thoughtful cards, and of course checking out all the gifts! Everyone was SOooo generous!

Sometimes it feels like this isn't real! Sometimes, I cant believe these gifts and words of advice and encouragement are for us and OUR babies! Its very surreal to think I'll be a mommy soon. Its something I've always dreamed of, probably more than planning my wedding as a little girl, but now that its so close, I feel I'm truly entering that transition from girl/young woman to Mother - the most important job of my life. I always believed I would be a "Mommy" in whatever way a child was brought to me to love and take care of. I'm so grateful and blessed that I have been able to experience these lives growing inside me and to do all this with the amazing love and support of the best husband ever, and not to mention all our parents, family, friends, and neighbors help and encouragement. Our children will know everyday how loved and special they are and how important it is to give all that love back...and then some.

No comments: